Hi, I'm Valentinos.
"Flexible and convenient". My strapline to describe how the software must be for the client. I like developing new things, learning new technologies and meeting new people.
My name is Valentinos Papasavvas. I am sociable, energetic and friendly person. My interpersonal skills make me a good communicator, able to work well with others. I motivate and encourage people around me. I am self-aware and always seek to learn and grow. I am not scared of undertaking new responsibilities no matter the degree of difficulty. I am a critical thinker and a good researcher.
Currently, I collaborate in a team which deals with big projects based on PHP Zend Framework and with PHP Object Oriented. We give emphasis on delivering a feature or a final product on time along with quality code. Each person evaluates and reviews code of others to guarantee the best result.
Also, as I like challenges, I got involved in the main mobile application the company does which is based in iOS and Android. I am responsible for developing and maintain the iOS app along. I was involved in the process of defining the structure of the application, have undertaken major tests with iBeacons and GPS and kept improving the quality and performance of the app. That was a big challenge as this is another business sector and there are differences between developing a site and developing a native mobile application.
In my free time, I am an active and athletic person seeking for action and adventure all the time. I always look for new technologies and like to play and develop my own projects, in order to expand my knowledge and keep up to date with the latest technologies. I tend to play with Drupal 7 and started developing my own modules which can be found in my Github page.
This resume was build by a module I wrote called Drupal Resume.
Senior Web Developer - iOS Developer
04/2014 - Current
Collaborate with others to deliver quality code, involve in project management, provide guidance and imporevements in the process of delivering a feature/product to a client.
- Setting a sustainable pace to deliver the most completed, tested, integrated, production ready software
- Stand up meetings to keep up to date with the process of each person in the team
- Suggest solutions to the team and get different opinions of how to achieve the best result
- Communicate with the clients and understand their requirements
- Split the deliverable into stages and show each stage to the client to see the progress and to get feedback.
- Use of Rubber Duck Debugging method
- Meet the deadlines inside the team by dividing and analysing each point of a project/feature
- Refactor whenever is needed to keep the project quality and security up to date
- Implement unit testing - TDD for the developers to be aware if they accidentally break a feature and BDD for the clients to understand what we tested for the deliverable based on the User Stories
- Pair programming to approach a problem with different opinions
- Develop and maintain the company's main mobile Application called Situate on iOS
- Work on various type of big projects of the company based on PHP MVC Framework
- Use merge requests for code review
- Suggest new technologies to be used based on client requirements
01/2012 - 04/2014
Started as Graduate Web Developer, I was involved of learning and developing in all CMS of the company. After that point, I was trained with PHP Zend Framework to collaborative with developer and project management teams to deliver quality development.
- Pair with a team and work on big projects based on PHP Zend Framework
- Maintain and support various CMS that the company has (Drupal 6,7, MODx Evolution/Revolution, Magento E-commerce,Wordpress)
- Convert legacy code into a quality structure code
- Started using version control
MSc Database Professional - Sheffield Hallam University
01/2011 - 01/2012
- Databases & the Web, Data Warehousing, Industrial Expertise, IT Project Management Logical Database Development, Physical Database Design and Administration, Study Skills for Professionals, Web Application Design and Modelling
- MSc Thesis Title: “Investigation of Column-Based Databases Performance against Relational Databases”
- Final Year Project Grade: 76 / 100
- Grade: First Class Honours (73.2 / 100)
BSc (Hons) Computer Science - University of Crete
09/2006 - 10/2010
- Year 1 Modules
- Introduction to Computer Science, Digital Design, Calculus I, Physics I, English I, Programming in C, Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, English II.
- Year 2 Modules
- Data Structures, Probability Theory I, Object-Oriented Programming, Theory of Computation, English III, Logic, Applied Mathematics for Engineers, Computer Organization, Software Technology Laboratory, English IV
- Year 3 Modules
- Computer Networks, Languages and Compilers, Files and Databases, Operating Systems, Algorithms and Complexity.
- Year 4
- Final Year Project Title: “Design of Parallelization of the single-node Oracle/Berkeley Database through the use of a Distributed Coordination Service (Borealis)”
- Final Year Project Grade: 9 / 10
- Course Overall grade: 6.76 / 10
- Year 1 Modules
2012 HackManchester Companies challenge winner (with the Llama Squad) winning the Best Company Award for our Automate Time Tracker web application
HackManchester 2015 Award - Create the best use of beacons for the Rise community
2015 HackManchester won the The Barclays/Rise Challenge - Create the best use of beacons for the Rise community. On https://youtu.be/YvBy7DBaesk?t=1247 we are on the final 3 for rentalcars.com competition and on https://youtu.be/YvBy7DBaesk?t=2188 we are again on final 3 for Rise Challenge and win the big prizes.
Training Certificate for Zend Framework: Fundamentals Course
Successful completion of the training of Zend Framework: Fundamentals Course. View the Zend Certificate here.
Training certificate for iOS iPhone & iPad Apps Development
Successful completion of the training of iOS iPhone & iPad Apps Development. View the iOS Certificate here.